6.2.2011

January review

Exercise:
Health wise it hasn’t been the best start to the New Year: two weeks sick leave because of number of infections like tonsillitis, ear infection, bronchitis and sinusitis. And today, when it was time to start my PT sessions I am poorly again. Where does all that phlegm come from? And sore throat and feeling rotten? So I had to cancel my booking and I heard that my instructor had just been sent home poorly. That’s that then; for a while.

Eating:
What has happened though is that I have been more conscious about what I eat. I have managed to cut down amount of cheese and I do not drink wine at home. My portion sizes are mainly OK. However my weight loss hasn’t been that much; only a bit less than 2 kg in a month.  I am not willing to cut down more calories as my rough guess is that I eat about 1500 kcal per day – some days more and some days less. Perhaps I should do a calorie count for two weeks to see if I am right? Hmmm.

What do I eat then?
Breakfast 7.00 am: 1 Activia natural yoghurt. 1 tbls of walnuts + couple of almonds. 1 small banana. A little bit of other soft fruit as ½ mandarin or 5-7 grapes. 1,5 tbls  of spelt serials. 1,5 dl orange juice. Coffee with milk.
Morning 11.00 am: coffee with milk
Lunch 12.45 pm: Usually 3 dl vegetable soup, orange, 2 hard breads (hapankorppu) with 1 25gr slice of lowfat (17%) cheese OR salad with a tin of tuna and tomatoes + fruit
Afternoon 3.30 pm : a piece of fruit
Dinner some time between 5.30-7.0 pm: something such as quorn or tofu and vegetables. Normal vegetarian dishes like lasagne, tacos, shepherdess’ pie, jacket potatoes, mince sauce etc. and salads.
Evening snack 9pm: Greek Total 0% yoghurt with some fruit.

If I have felt like needing an extra snack I have had a piece fruit or couple of hard breads with low fat Philadelphia cheese.  And yes, every now and then (rarely though) I have had a piece or two of chocolate.  

Writing this list now I can see that
-         I might need a mid morning snack (fruit)
-         I need to be careful with my extra snacks
-         again revisit my portion sizes at dinner times

What I am going to do for two weeks now is to write down what I eat. My aim is around 1400 kacls per day.

Level of optimism:
I feel more at ease with my eating and weight los plan. It is a pity that I have been poorly and not been able to start my exercise plan. However the big thing is that I am aware and conscious about what I eat - in  a relaxed way. Generally I feel positive and optimistic. The disappointment of the month is the amount I have lost. Perhaps this just highlights the fact that controlling my eating can not be the only factor for successful weight loss.  I feel better in my body and I do not think that this minimal weight lost is completely water retention. I have drank lots of water though and tea as I feel thirsty when I do not feel well.

Summa Summarum:
Carry on regardless.Keep the rhythm. 





1 kommentti:

  1. Merja Suomesta6.2.2011 klo 17.43.00

    Harmi, että olet ollut sairaana. Minä taas olen olen ollut vain laiska... No, minun raporttini tulee kohta :-)
    Too bad you have been poorly. What comes to me, I have just been lazy... Well, my report is goming soon :-)

    VastaaPoista