23.5.2011

A Spitting Image of Me.

I went to my colleague's wedding and at the evening reception  there was a cartoonist entertaining the guests. It is amazing how quickly this talented artist captured the main features of the model and drew a  funny caricature of them.

Yes this is me: these are my thin lips, big ears, high eye brows, round nose and cheeks, long eye lashes  and short hair. I love my long ear rings and new flower fascinator  in my hair. And yes - genuinely I am a happy person  who likes a good laugh. I could say that I am fairly confident with myself as I didn't mind too much the other wedding guests laughing and giggling at me whilst the artist finished his work. It was slightly uncomfortable to model in front of the crowd but it was  because I didn't know what kind of image the cartoonist will reveal.

This is what I have been thinking about lately: Is my outer image reflecting my inner image?  Am I the same in and out? I know that my search for a healthier life-style, slimmer and stronger me comes from a conflict between  how I am and how I would like to be. However this contradiction in life can be a catalyst  and  motivator to move on.

My life has been full of all  sorts lately. And when these "all sorts"  have been full and greedy it has eaten my time and energy and I find it hard to concentrate on my general well being issues. Time management is about energy management. To nurture my energy level is important and as one theory says, 'strategic disengagement allows recovery'. All aspects of life which support physical strength and emotional well being and which will widen the inner perspective and thinking are equally important. For me at the moment this means  a continuous effort to get better at balancing work and leisure +  being disciplined but nurturing  flexibility.

1 kommentti: