14.1.2014

Perpetual Help

It was a smashing surprise to find a big printed copy from the icon of "Our Lady of Perpetual Help" in  the corner of St Peter's Church in Berkhamsted.

I love this icon. A long time ago I painted a copy of it in  High School in Oulu. I have found copies of this dear Lady in many churches in Europe but never before found it in  such a significant place in an Anglican  Church as I encoutered on Sunday .

Her eyes are gentle and it is if she is smiling at me quietly and encouragingly.

I do not mind a bit of perpetual help whilst continuing my exercise routine in the historic market town of Berkhamsted. This temporary location provides many opportunities to get natural exercise; the roads are steep, our house is on the top of the hill and the most interesting coffee shop is in the fourth floor (no lift provided).

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti