5.3.2011

%&@~! Arrrrrrrrghhhhhhh and February Update

Pulled-Muscle.com
Do I need to say more!  It just happend. I was happy zumbaing on Thursday and suddenly there was something  that felt like a kick on the side of my left calf. I didn't slip or lose my balance and this happened 40 minutes into the session. The Big Unpleasant Surprise: And snipping pain. And  the first aid. And the cold compressor. And elevation. And rest.

I have never experienced anything like this: calf strain or torn calf muscle. Oh dear, I am not laughing as nobody knows at the moment how long this takes to heal and when I am able to go back to my exercise plan.  The doctor just said to see how it goes and rest. Airy Fairy.

And what is the difference anyway with a rupture and distension? Just the other ends of the same thing I believe. On Thursday and Friday I couldn't put weight on my left foot at all and I was unable to stand straight. My calf was really really painful. I am not a happy bunny as I am still limping.

However thinking back to February I am pleased. I eventually won the battle against nasty flue bugs and finally felt well towards the end of the month. Back to the gym experience has been great and weight loss is happening on steady slow pace.  Now I have a bit of a challenge in March as frustration and disappointment are the words in my mind: How to keep positive regardless of my injury?

---
Edit: Maaretta - welcome to our blog!
Edit 2: Welcome you travellers in the Universal Blogland  from Finland, Great Britain, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, New-Zealand, Italy, United States, Canada and Belgium

3 kommenttia:

  1. Voi harmi. Toivottavasti paranet pian.
    Tosi monella elämäntapamuutos-bloggaajalla tuntuu olevan liikuntaa estäviä tai vaikeuttavia vaivoja. Positiivisen asenteen säilyttäminen tosiaan hieman haasteellista vaivojen kanssa...

    VastaaPoista
  2. Kiitos. Luin blogistasi, että sielläkin päin on jotain kremppaa.... toivotan sinullekin kaikesta huolimatta hyviä liikuntahetkiä. Minulla jalka alkaa jo kuntoutua ja pystyn kävelemään lähes linkuttamatta. Pidän tämän viikon kuitenkin kuntoilulomaa. Ehkä loppuviikosta kokeilen varovasti punttisalia.
    Merja UK

    VastaaPoista
  3. Hienoa, että jalkavammasi on paranemaan päin! En osaa edes kuvitella, kuinka kivulias vamma on ollut, mutta olen iloinen, että se on helpottamassa. Minullakin oli pienoinen "liikuntavammaviikonloppu". Siitä lisää päivityksessäni... :-)

    I'm glad your leg injury is mending! I can't even imagine how painfull it has been, but I'm glad it's getting better. I also had a minor "sportsinjuryweekend". More about that in my update... :-)

    Merja from Finland / Merja Suomesta

    VastaaPoista