13.2.2011

Tools and motivation

It was a bit depressing to read about Merja’s gym programme. It is a fantastic programme and she is so lucky to be able to have such a detailed one from her instructor and from her gym. When I made inquiries about the gyms and their service packets I found out that it is all a bit different here. But I will come back to this later. When I actually get my ass to the gym and eventually meet my PT and start my programme. I am still not well.  After the first hit of various infections and two weeks sick leave I was well for exactly one and a half week.  Since then I have had a sore throat and phlegm sprinkling out. I am not unwell enough to be absent from work but definitely not fit enough to go to the gym.   But back to Merja’s programme: WOW how brilliant it is.

BUT: Hip hip hurrah! During the last month and a half I have learned to control my eating better than before. And funnily enough it hasn’t been even very difficult. It is like when I quit smoking last and the very last time. I was so motivated and clear headed about the whole business that with a little help from my doctor quitting smoking was a piece of cake.  And I think I am using the same strategy now for slimming: the motivation is there and help is in use. The biggest factor is motivation – I just know that I will do it this time. There is no hurry, I am not after quick fixes and I am just positively determined that I will success. The help I need is to be mindful and aware, to realise that I am one of those people who have developed wrong habits and whose relationship to food is close in a wrong way. The tools I am using are PT, gym, periodical food “in take” checks (e.g. Kiloklugi or Kalorilaskuri), Fineli  (to learn more about the quality of food) and blogging. It is inspirational to read about other people’s projects and listen to their advice.
Target
Present intake

I have used Kalorilaskuri now for a week just to check my eating habits. I am not going to get obsessed with this tool as marvellous as it is. It is very easy and quick to use and gives lots and lots of information about the quality of food. (I actually prefer Kalorilaskuri to Kiloklubi which I have used in the past. Well - they both are good, in their own way.) The week’s follow up has highlighted that I am able to keep my calories just under 1500 kcal per day which I have set to be my target. This happens with no big issues; the amount I eat is the amount I want to eat. The possible difficulty might arise when I start to exercise: I will need to eat more and that might bring some challenges.  The biggest issue really is my protein intake which is rarely enough.  I am happy that I am happy with how much and what I eat.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti