21.2.2011

Zen

It was quarter to eight on Sunday morning when I was driving to my gym. On the way I listened to the Aled Jones with Good Morning Sunday. Everything was zen. Aled's faith guest was rabbi Pete Tobias. "..we should treat each new day as an opportunity to learn something new about our world, to gain insight into the forces that guide our lives, to appreciate the miracle of everyday. May this Sunday – may every day – be a day when we might encounter an insight or a truth that will benefit our lives, the lives of those around us and our fragile, beautiful world", he says. I agree with him and feel zen and  have a great peace inside me when I arrive to the gym couple of minutes before eight.

Nobody at the reception. No PT to be seen. I am not worried. Still zen. Waiting, waiting and eventually trying my key card to pass the barrier - it doesn't work. My zen starts to melt away. No PT to be seen and it is almost 10 past eight now. I climb over the barrier and try to enter the weight training hall. My key card doesn't work and the door doesn't open. Zen has almost gone and I am "xxxx off".  To cut this short I found out that somebody has messed up with my booking and this booking error has locked my key card. And due to this my PT has not been aware that I was there. And he hasn't seen any reason to come to find me.

 Our conversation is not printable.  My point is that if I have booked my session, paid for it and been at the reception on time, I can expect some personal service for personal training.  There was no zen around me  and I have no PT any more.

What did I do? Perhaps something  what rabbi Tobias said had touched me because I didn't go home as I momentarily wanted but entered the weight training hall. After 20 min on  treadmill, 15 min on cross trainer, 20 min weight lifting and 10 min on treadmill  I had not only burnt 530 kacl but  felt better. It was  fairly easy to find my ex PT and apology my hash words. Zen  was creaping  back as I was driving home.

EDIT: This was supposed to be my VERY first PT session.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Merja Suomesta (from Finland)21.2.2011 klo 18.40.00

    What a day you had! I can well imagine the change of words… but obviously you got your PT back? I also had a depressing day: sun was eye hurting bright, white snow all over, but so freezing, that I didn’t step out all day. I felt really down, but writing the blog (Syöminen on psykologiaa) geared me up – and reading your story … Here we come again!

    VastaaPoista
  2. At the moment I am having a PT break. Yes I find blogging to be great fun as well.
    Merja UK

    VastaaPoista